Program of government
1. Master Plan for Job Creation. Note that ADB reports the Philippines is the lowest in both fixed capital expenditures and government expenditures compared with Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia.
2. Anti-poverty legislation anchored on an expanded small business loan program and removal of the Value-Added Tax.
3. Total benefits for Senior Citizens including a Conditional Cash Transfer-type allowance program and the increase of senior citizen discount to 30% and expansion of its coverage for more types of purchases and services.
4. Radical increase of scholarship grants with a target of 50% of all College students as grantees and revival of the “Study Now, Pay Later” program.
5. Total support for farmers and all programs of the Department of Agriculture again as a job generation program.
6. Review the Local Government Code and devolve more authority and funds to local government units. Increase the Internal Revenue allotment from 40-50% and widen the tax base.
7. Provide clean and safe drinking water to every home and prepare plans to cope with projected water shortage.
8. Total support for the improvement of the Philippine National Police, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, and the National Bureau of Investigation with substantial increase in their personnel and budgets to improve the anti-illegal drug campaign.
Upgrade the Anti-crime campaign by supporting the PNP request to hire 50,000 additional policemen to achieve the ideal police population ratio to 1:500.
9. Support pro-labor measures including higher minimum wage.
10. Continued support of programs for the protection of, and more benefits for Overseas Filipino Workers.
11. Enact legislation for the protection of the environment and adapt measures in response to climate change. Improve disaster preparedness programs.
12. Support the Freedom of Information bill and enact legislation to decriminalize libel.
13. Continue to expose anomalies and corruption in government.